Exprssn Vector 4 Bact. Fab?

Peter pemanuel at umabnet.ab.edu
Fri Dec 15 14:56:04 EST 1995

We are searching for an expression vector for producing Fab antibody
fragments in bacteria.  The system should have very little leaky
expression since the Fabs are toxic to the cells.  We wish to induce in
log phase but have no protein accumulating before this point.

Can anyone suggest a vector we could use to get higher levels of expression?

It would be nice if it had compatibel Not/Spe ends and maybe even Carb/amp
resistance genes.

Any companies or sources of vectors would be appreciated.

Peter

--
Peter Emanuel Ph.D.
University of Maryland