gene replacement in E.coli

Edgar Valencia edgar at cifn.unam.mx
Tue Dec 19 21:35:54 EST 1995

Hi
I don't know if transforming your E.coli strain will work, I think
 depending on your strain the DNA could be degraded. I think it could
be better to use a circular plasmid molecule perhaps with a sac gene
wait for its cointegration and after select the bacteria with the
mutated gene plating in a medium with sacarose, something similar to
what E.Soupene et al did
PNAS 1995 92:3759-3763.
I hope this helps

                          Edgar Valencia Morales