molecular weight markers for SDS-PAGE

Margon Vandongen vando005 at
Tue Dec 19 15:15:35 EST 1995

I think this is a problem of all prestained markers, we have used
them from a variety of companies, including Amersham and they never
gave a sharp bandingpattern.I called different technical services
and they tell me it is a property of the attached dye. What you can use
are biotinilated standards, just mix in avidin with your secundairy
antibody conjugated to your tag of detection. They will give you nice
and sharp bands. Of course you still will need to run one lane with
prestained standard for your blottingprocedure.Hope this helps,