His-tag fusion protein vector

QIAGEN qiagen at kaiwan.com
Wed Dec 20 14:38:11 EST 1995

In article  <e-anderson-1212951750370001 at ski-h-96-056.ski.mskcc.org>
Eric C. Anderson<e-anderson at ski.mskcc.org > wrote:

>In article <4ahq3j$ld7 at news.duke.edu>,
>Namjin Chung <chung006 at mc.duke.edu> wrote:

   >>Dear Netters,
   >>I need mammalian expression vector with His-tag at C-terminus, but I
   only could find one
   >>with His at N-terminus from Invitrogen. Does anyone know if C-terminal
   His-tag fusion
   >>protein vector is available? I'm afraid if I should make my own
   expression vector. If so, is
   >>there any suggestions for space between the protein of my interest and
   His(6), and for the
   >>amino acid composition of the space peptide. Thanks in advance, and
   please forward your
   >>comments to chung006 at mc.duke.edu.

>Qiagen also makes N and C terminal His-tag vectors.

QIAGEN only has N and C terminal 6xHis tag expression vectors for E. coli,
not mammalian systems.
Below  are a couple of references, where C-terminal 6xHis vectors have been
constructed for expression in mammalian systems.

Affinity Purification of Histidine-Tagged Proteins Transiently Produced
by HeLa cells.
 R. Janknecht and A. Nordheim, Gene (1992) 121, 321 to 324

 The DNA-Dependent ATPase Activity of Vaccinic Virus Early Gene
Transcription Factor is Essential for Its Transcription Activation Function
 J. Li and S.S. Broyles, Journal of Biological Chemistry (1993) 268, No. 27,
20016 to 20021

Mechanism of Activation of the TFG-ß Receptor
 J.L. Wrana, L. Attisano, R. Wieser, F. Ventura, and J. Massagué, Nature
(1994) 370, 341 to 347.

Signaling Activity of Homologous and Heterologous Transforming Growth
Factor-ß Receptor Kinase Complexes
 D. Vivien, L. Attisano, J.L. Wrana, and J. Massagué, Journal of Biological
Chemistry (1995) 270, No. 13, 7134 to 7141.

Drosophila Dpp Signaling is Mediated by the punt Gene Product: A Dual Ligand-
Binding Type II Receptor of the TGFß Receptor Family
 A. Letsou, K. Arora, J.L. Wrana, K. Simin, V. Twombly, J. Jamal, K.
Staehling-Hampton, F.M. Hoffmann, W.M. Gelbart, J. Massagué, and M.B.
O'Connor, Cell (1995) 80, 899 to 908.

Regards,
Brigitte Steude Masone
Product Manager