current protocols in protein science

Glenn Cantor GCANTOR at VETMED.WSU.EDU
Wed Dec 20 13:02:53 EST 1995

In article <9511290453.AA07046 at uranus.med.pitt.edu>,
corey at MED.PITT.EDU (Seth Corey) wrote:

> any comments? is it worth the price?

I'd like to know also.  The publishers sent me a copy on approval but the
Key they included won't open it up.  I have been trying to get a look at
it and have contacted them several times but their only replies have been
to send me bills for the disk.  Needless to say, I am displeased with
their responses and probably will not purchase it because of this.  Maybe
someone from CP on CD will read this mssg and get their customer service
department in gear.

SRLasky

--
Stephen R. Lasky Ph.D.
Section of Experimental Therapeutics
Roger Williams Medical Center
Providence, RI 02908
Phone: 401-456-5672      Fax: 401-456-6569
e:mail: Stephen_Lasky at brown.edu

*****

I have also had a lot of problems with John Wiley & Sons about
Current Protocols - CD versions.  First, it didn't come for a long
time.  When it finally arrived, the key wouldn't open it up.  It took
way too many phone calls to straighten up these problems. Then,
I had some other technical problems.  Finally, another disk arrived,
and I got two bills, which took a long time to straighten up.  I
think they have a lot of problems with their distributions
and customer service departments.

Glenn CAntor