Any personal experience with SYPRO?

Alexander Kraev kraev at bc.biol.ethz.ch
Wed Dec 20 05:56:43 EST 1995

Dear netters,
Molecular Probes has got a dye for protein staining, that, according
to their info sent to me, has an incredible sensitivity. My question
is: has anybody used it and what are the drawbacks? Particularly,
does it fade away under UV as quickly as does SYBR Green? Has anybody
used it in the gel during electrophoresis?

Merry Xmas,

Alexander Kraev, PhD                     Internet:    kraev at bc.biol.ethz.ch