Promega silver sequencing

Alexander Kraev kraev at bc.biol.ethz.ch
Fri Dec 15 12:38:08 EST 1995

<I would like to have some information regarding the non-radioactive
sequencing kit from Promega, that utilizes silver staining. Does anybody
have experience (good or bad) with it?>

This is a cycle-sequencing based procedure, so the kit is not enough,
you should have a good cycler and, as with other non-radioactive
methods, have means to estimate starting DNA amount with reasonable
precision (not by eye-balling). Actually, the silver staining kit,
combined with the Amersham's Thermosequenase kit should make a great
pair...Is Promega listening? A Silver Sequencing Super (or call it
2000) Kit is being suggested! :-)

Cheers,

Alexander Kraev, PhD                     Internet:    kraev at bc.biol.ethz.ch