HELP! How do you purify a 150bp PCR product for sequencing

Barry Vipond vipond
Thu Dec 21 10:54:29 EST 1995

Dear All,

I'm trying to purify a 150bp PCR product for automated sequencing. I've got
a fair number of samples, so I don't want to gel purify. I've tried silica
(Home-made), but the efficiency is very low (bigger products are fine). Glass
fog or Mermaid, I assume will co-purify primers too.

What do I do? Does anyone have any nice recipes/methods that they've tried
under similar circumstances? Perhaps there is a better binding buffer for
the silica - I was using Guanidinium Isothiocyanate.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Barry (vipond at bsa.bris.ac.uk)