Almond Genomic DNA quality

Maria Teresa mc1579 at mclink.it
Wed Dec 20 04:34:55 EST 1995

I have problems in extracting RFLP quality DNA from an F2 peach-almond
population. I use a CTAB method to extract it. The DNAs from some
individuals look very dirty, giving broader and slower bands after
hybridization. I cannot do CsCl purification. Do someone knows an
alternate protocol to purify from proteins and carbohydrates, without
losing all the DNA? (with phenol purification the recovery is very
low). What about kits to purify DNAs, as, for example the Quiagen
genomic tips, from Promega. They are very expensive. Do they work?
Sorry if it is a  Faq;
E-mail copy of the answer would be appreciated.
Thank you
Maria Teresa Dettori
mc1579 at mclink.it.
I.S.F.  Rome