mAb to ~65 kD ER protein

Guivarc_h Dominic guivarc_h at bobby.iaf.cnrs-gif.fr
Fri Dec 22 13:18:12 EST 1995

In article <johnaris-2112950759090001 at anat6770.anatomy.med.ufl.edu>,
johnaris at anatomy.med.ufl.edu (John P. Aris) wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> We have prepared a mAb (38H8) that by immunofluorescence specifically
> reacts with the ER (and nuclear envelope), and by western blotting reacts
> well with a protein of about 65 kDal, in yeast.  I am interested in
> identifying a collaborator who is interested in using this mAb and
> establishing its immunological reactivity in the process.  It is
> monoclonal, and we have frozen cells in order to produce more mAb if
> needed in the future.
>
> John Aris
>
> --
> John P. Aris, Ph.D.
> Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology
> Health Science Center, Box 100235
> University of Florida
> Gainesville, FL  32610
> johnaris at anatomy.med.ufl.edu
> Tel:  (904) 392-1873
> Fax:  (904)392-3305

Dear colleague,

I am very interesting about your mAb but can you send me some informations
about it ? In first time I would to know  if your anitbody was directed
against estrogen receptor because in litterature the abbreviation ER was
used for this nuclear receptor. And in a second time do you know  if this
mAb cross-react with the rat's ER ?
Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Sincerely.

--
Guivarc_h Dominic                             e-mail: GUIVARC_H at bobby.iaf.cnrs-gif.fgr
IAF - CNRS                                              tel: (33) 69 82 34 25