Antisense strand of DNA

Herbert H. Winkler herbertw at SUNGCG.USOUTHAL.EDU
Fri Dec 22 10:51:56 EST 1995

Stephen:
Mike and Ken are in good company.  Lewin in GENES V p.163 says that the
strand that bears the same sequence as the mRNA is the coding or sense
strand.  In GENES IV p. 113 he called it only the coding strand.  The
other strand is called the template or antisense strand.  This is a mess
(template, coding, sense...and plus/minus has not been mentioned)!

Best regards,
Herb