the effect of tRNA on cDNA cloning ?

Shahram Mori smori at
Wed Dec 13 21:05:22 EST 1995

Seongwook Kwon (swkwon at wrote:
: Hi,

: I am thinking of using tRNA to help out precipitating my cDNAs.  These
: cDNAs are to be used for a library construction.

: 	Does anyone know the effect of tRNA presence on 1) conversion of ss
: cDNA into ds cDNA (I will use Klenow), 2) ligation of insert DNA into
: lambda vector 3) packaging of vector-insert into lambda particles ?

You can do two things if tRNA's bother you;

1) Use 10mg/ml glycogen (add 5ul to your DNA) and then add NaOAC and 95%

2) Add a little Rnase to the resuspended pellet.
			       _\  /_
			       \_  _/
			C   A   N   A   D   A
Shahram Mori
Program in Molecular Biology
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry Box 3C
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces NM