Looking for a source of purified myc protein...

Jim Hutchins hutchins at fiona.umsmed.edu
Tue Dec 26 10:20:23 EST 1995

jtardiff at westnet.com wrote:
: does anyone know of a source (commercial or otherwise)
: of purified myc such that I could use it as a known standard?

I *believe* Quality Biotech in Camden NJ sells this, and the price is
very reasonable.  My catalog from them is quite old.  The last phone number
I have is 609 966 8000.  In 1991 (date of the catalog) they sold 1 mg (!)
Myc, Hc-Myc, c-Myc or Hc-Myc (cat #s MA009, MA027, MA057 and MA025,
respectively) for $25.  They are under contract from the NCI, Biochemical
Carcinogenesis Branch, to make these things as a national resource, that's
how come it's so cheap.

I hope this helps...
--
Jim Hutchins
Assoc Prof Anatomy, Asst Prof Neurology (Research), Univ Mississippi Med Ctr