faster printing on PPC

Howard Cash howardc at genecodes.com
Wed Dec 27 08:43:49 EST 1995

>Does any one have any ideas about speeding up printing.
>We run a Power Mac and an HP1200C printer for our analysis software
>version 2.1.1.
>It takes for ever to print the charts.
>The Mac has 16Mb and the printer has now got 8Mb so it shouldn't
>be a memory problem.
>
>Any hints would be appreciated.
>
>John Fox

John,

An ealier posting to this group (don't have the reference handy)
suggests turning off background printing.  The claim is that,
although your machine will be tied up during the print process, the
overall printing speed is increased between two and EIGHT times.

Best of luck.

Howard Cash
Gene Codes Corporation
2901 Hubbard Rd.
Ann Arbor, MI  48105

phone: 313-769-7249     fax: 313-769-7074
e-mail: howardc at genecodes.com