Immunoflourescence background, please help

aschoen at aecom.yu.edu aschoen at aecom.yu.edu
Thu Dec 28 17:15:37 EST 1995

I have been trying to do indirect immunoflourescence with UMRC6 (renal
carcinoma) cells which I have stably transfected with my construct.  THE
PROBLEM: There is such a high level of background staining that I cannot
see expression of my protein.  This background is seen in untransfected
and control transfected cells.  I did not have this problem in other
cell types that I have used (such as Cos7).  Does anyone have any
suggestions as to how I can get rid of the background?  Any help would
be appreciated.  My email address is aschoen at aecom.yu.edu