TA-cloning patented?

Harry Harry.Witchel at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Dec 28 08:10:49 EST 1995

In article <9512272218.AA19048 at heart>, shsu at HEART.MED.UTH.TMC.EDUê says...

>        Does anyone knows whether the method by using T-vector to subclone
>PCR products patented or not? Is there any company sale similar products
>except the Invitrogen? Stratagene using enzyme as seletion, I don't know why
>no other company sale similar products? I couldn't fine any ad recently.
>
>Song

Hi:
	There is a method for making your own T-vector in the "Red Book"
cloning manual (Ausubel is the author, also known as the Harvard Series).
Basically, all you do is cut your vector with a blunt cutter, then add Taq,
Taq buffer, and dTTP (but none of the other dNTPs), and the Taq will dutifully
add a single T to each end of your vector.
	Harry