Help with PCR reference

Dr. David J. Meyer meyerd19 at ecity.net
Fri Dec 29 07:55:13 EST 1995

Dear Netters,

Over the years I have seen a lot of good (and some silly) questions
relating to the biochemistry of the polymerase chain reaction. Many are
answered clearly in the FAQ (kudos to the maintainer(s)), but I am now
looking for a reference which I used to have but can no longer obtain.
Could someone please post the reference (or even the article, publishers
willing) to this newsgroup as a service to the reader?

The article in question was by Kary Mullis and appeared (sometime in the
past 7 years) in "PCR" or "Methods: a Companion to Methods in
Enzymology." The title described "...How to avoid Cold
Oligodeoxyribonuclear Fusion..." Not many libraries get this journal,
and I could not obtain it even last year.

N.B.- I have a small bet (I wish it were a large bet) that dNTP's are
not limiting in normal PCR. I will do the simple calculation myself, but
would still like the reference 8-<)>

For my part, I have attached to this message another excellent reference
describing the basic biochemistry of PCR.

Thank you for your assistance!

Dr. David J. Meyer