Does a cDNA clone contain a full length????????

martin LEACH leach at bu.edu
Fri Dec 29 12:06:01 EST 1995

Well, you know you have the 3' end if you find the poly A tail....

only way to verify 5'end is to perform a type of experiment such as
RACE, primer extension, S1 nuclease assay, or a rnase protection assay.

I would recommend RACE as a starter....then primer extension or RNAse
protection.

Martin

Xin-Hua Zhou (xz at KEPLER.UNH.EDU) wrote:
: Fi, Netter:
:  I am sequencing the 3' end of a cDNA clone. How can I know it contains a
: full length DNA in addition to looking at STOP codens? Any ideas or
: suggestions?
:  Thank you very much!!

:  Xinhua Zhou
: