pulse-chase for determining half lives of proteins

Craig Bencsics cbencsic at drugs.bsd.uchicago.edu
Sat Dec 30 20:49:15 EST 1995

Hi
I have been doing pulse chase experiments with radiolabelled amino
acids followed by immunoprecipitations in order to detrmine the half
life of the protein I work with. I was wondering what the best way is
to determine how much labelled protein to add to the protein A
sepharose beads. The two methods I have been using  are counts by TCA
precipitation and total protein determination.  Can someone suggest a
better way or tell me which way is preferable.
Thank you-Craig