resuspending intractable DNA

Dr.Sailesh Surapureddi SaiSu at MCB.LiU.SE
Sun Dec 31 15:24:42 EST 1995

>To: methods at net.bio.net
>From: sullivan at gwis2.circ.gwu.edu (Steven Sullivan)
>Subject: resuspending intractable DNA
>Date: 31 Dec 1995 19:29:25 GMT
>

>I prepped some genomic DNA using a guanidinium-based kit by
>Pharmacia, and
>the resulting pellets refuse to go into solution (distilled
>water).  Since
>Pharmacia's closed until Tuesday, I wondered if anyone here has
>hints on
>resuspending tough DNA pellets.  I already tried
heating/boiling.

Hi
Probably you should try to increase the resuspension volume and
also check for its pH (its usually better if the pH is towards
neutral or inbetween 7-8, try it out with 1x TE).
Usually increasing the resuspension volume decreases the ppt salt
conc and also decreases the protein conc (which usually ppt with
DNA). Later on you can conc the DNA back with Sod.Acetate and
Ethanol.
Hope this helps and Good year for you!
Sailesh.