Who konws "PCR walking"?

Dick Beeman beeman at crunch.usgmrl.ksu.edu
Wed Feb 1 13:12:40 EST 1995

In article <Pine.3.87.9501261710.A10781-0100000 at gate>,
wusp at GATE.SINICA.EDU.TW (San-pin Wu) wrote:

> Hello:
>       Does anyone know about "PCR walking"? I would like to clone the
> upstream region of spinach chloroplast psaA-psaB gene.
>       I woould very appreciate if anyone could tell me where or how could
> I get the protocol and related information about this technique.
>       Thank you very much and HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!
>                                     Steve Wu
>                                      E-mail address:
>                                      wusp at gate.sinica.edu.tw

Steve:  Try Universal PCR, also called restriction-site PCR.  We routinely
use this method for PCR walking with excellent results.  The reference is:
Sarkar et al., PCR Methods and Applications 2:318-322, 1993.  Good luck!
Dick Beeman
beeman at crunch.usgmrl.ksu.edu
"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries".  A. A. Milne