electroporation SP2/0

Mike Preston preston at warren.med.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 1 14:24:29 EST 1995

In article <Pine.SGI.3.91.950125152205.17522B-100000 at helix.nih.gov>,
Richard Braverman <rb at helix.nih.gov> wrote:

>    Anyone out there have any success  in electroporation of vectors into
> SP2/0...or, alternately, has anyone had success with DOTAP??

We routinely electroporate 10 million SP2/0 cells in regular old PBS with
approximately 10 micrograms of linearized plasmid DNA in 0.4cm cuvettes. We
use a BioRad Gene pulser with a capacitance extender attached.  The voltage
is set at 200 V (0.2kV) and the capacitance set at 960 microfarads. Good
luck

Mike Preston
Channing Laboratory
Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School
180 Longwood Ave.
Boston, MA 12115
preston at warren.med.harvard.edu
617-432-0152