"""Diff Display vs sub cDNA library""""

Farhat Khanim f.l.khanim at bham.ac.uk
Wed Feb 1 10:52:42 EST 1995

Dear netters,
I would like some advice about differential display and subtractive cDNA
libraries.  I will be starting a new project soon and need advice about
which of the two techniques is:

1. Most sensitive at picking up;
					       a. new genes and
            b. up/down regulated genes ?

2. Most reproducible and reliable ?

3. suitable for multiple comparisons at the same time ?

4. Time and energy saving ?

Also, I wonder if anybody has any experience with the Display Services
Tandil Ltd Differential Display Kit.
I would also be interested in hearing about any companies which produce
suitable kits.

Many thanks in advance,

 Farhat

Please send e-mail messages to f.l.khanim at bham.ac.uk

Address: CRC Institute of Cancer Studies         Tel: +(021) 414 3299
         University of Birmingham                Fax: +(021) 414 4486
         Birmingham B15 2TJ
         U.K.