Need help concerning Random Primed Images from USB

GORDON BETTS faunce at etsu.edu
Wed Feb 1 16:47:54 EST 1995

I am about to use the Random Primed Images and Gene Images kits from US
Biochemical.  What worries me is the statement in the directions "the
starting DNA template should be at least 100 bp in length."  Does this refer
to the 20 nucleotide primer I am using BEFORE PCR or does it refer to the
cDNA I am hopefully synthesizing in the PCR procedure? i.e. the gene I am
looking at?
Thanks,
Gordon Betts
  snail mail:
Biology Dept.
East Texas State University
Commerce, TX 75429-3011
========
Life is like a bowl of stew, you need to stir things up once in a while so
the scum doesn't rise to the top.
      Author unknown