reference manager?

Kevin Pumiglia pumiglk at aa.wl.com
Thu Feb 2 07:25:57 EST 1995

In article <3goj7f$1c7c at bigblue.oit.unc.edu>, guest at halley.sph.unc.edu
wrote:

> I'm sorry if this is an inappropriate post, but I imagine that some of you must
> have some experience with reference managers that are specifically formatted
> for scientific journals.  I'm looking for the best software package to manage
> references, create bibliographies with different formats (depending on the
> journal I'm submitting to), accept downloaded info from current content
> searches, etc. We use IBMs in the lab, so the program has to be compatible with
> DOS and Window. I've heard of EndNote, ProCite and Papyrus(?). Do any of you
> use these? What do you think about them?
> Thanks for your help. Camella
> You can email me directly at cbailey at uncvx1.oit.unc.edu

I use Papyrus! Inexpensive, reliable, and flexible.. if not the slickest
interface in the world.  The program runs in Dos, but seamlessly interfaces
with windows through the clipboard.  It is the most stable program I have
ever run in a Dos window-others software companies should take note.  The
links to wordperfect (my preference are very good) as are the
importfunctions from paperchase (Medline).  Has filters for all of the
common imports, e.g. Silver platter, current contents etc. and most major
word processors.  Very satisfied customer every time I write! No afiliation
etc..