TA Cloning - old product

Martin Leach leach at bu.edu
Thu Feb 2 13:12:33 EST 1995

In article <D3B0Kr.JwG at zoo.toronto.edu>, mes at zoo.toronto.edu (Mark
Siddall) wrote:

> I am attempting to clone my pcr product with the TA system.  First
> attempt failed.
> Product was about a week old but had been at -20C the whole time.
> Now it's about 2 weeks old though still at -20C.
> Any body know what the likelihood of having lost the adenosine
> residues might be?

I think it should be fine...i've used older products...if in
doubt..incubate the purified product with dATP and Taq pol fro 1-2hrs at
72C in PCR buffer.

Martin

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at bu.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
p.s. try BioMOO (virtual biology on the internet - telnet bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il 8888)
My home page: http://155.41.115.114/Leach.html