fluorescence microscopy

Willi Jahnen-Dechent Jahnen at Mzdmza.zdv.uni-mainz.de
Fri Feb 3 03:01:40 EST 1995

In article <cgrunau-010295135816 at biog031.riken.go.jp>,
cgrunau at rkna50.riken.go.jp (Christoph Grunau) wrote:

> As a newcomer in fluorescence microscopy I would appreciate any advice
> concerning the following problem:
>
> Does anyone has experience using  DABCO (1,4-diazabicyclo [2.2.2] - octane
> or p-Phenylenediamine in fluorescence microscopy. Which of both can you
> recommend or in which special case is one better than the other one.
>
> thanks - Christoph Grunau

give n-propyl gallate a thought.  it is cheap and effective in reducing
bleaching. So good, it made it to Science as a method paper.
Giloh and Sedat Science 217,1252-1255 (1982)