Ethidium Bromide in Samples

Brick Ayola abrick at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
Fri Feb 3 11:00:24 EST 1995

On 1 Feb 1995, Neil Harris wrote:
> 	Adding ethidium bromide directly to samples works well, particularly
> when running out RNA using formaldehyde agarose gels prior to Northern

I have noticed that excess EtBr migrates to the anode in the above RNA gels.
Currently, when running DNA gels I do not add EtBr to the agarose. I add
1ug/ml to the anode chamber and let it "sweep by" my DNA samples. You must
of course run the gel long enough for the BPB to reach the end, but it
works well.

Brick Ayola, Ph.D.
Tulane Scool of Medicine

***The problem with the gene pool is that people keep pissin' in it***