T7 polymerase stable expression in eukaryotic cells?

Kendall kendall at halcyon.com
Tue Feb 7 22:17:32 EST 1995

In article <1995Feb6.211136.28822 at oxvaxd>, springer at immsvr.jr2.ox.ac.uk.
(springer) wrote:

> Does anybody know about a vector that will stably express T7 polymerase
> in human or mouse cells, to a fairly high level? This is to put a gene
> of interest into these cells to be expressed from a T7 promoter (safety
> considerations), either by vaccinia or by transient transfection.
>
> Of course, we could clone the gene ourselves in pcDNA3... :-)
>
> please e-mail: sebastian.springer at clinical-medicine.oxford.ac.uk
>
> Thanks!

T7 RNAP can be used in eukaryotic systems and Vacinea T7 vectors for the
expression of proteins do exist and have been published.  I don't have the
reference/s on hand but I believe the paper is by W. Alexander with B.
Moss and T. Fuerst.  I'm not sure if a more recent paper has made it to
press but a refinement of the system with a temperature sensistive lac
repressor has been accomplished.  These vectors were made at MedImmune
Inc. but might be obtained from the Bernie Moss lab and NIAID NIH.

                      *   C. Kendall "Ken" Stover   *
                      *       PathoGenesis Corp     *
                      * Dir. Molecular Microbiology *
                      *         Seattle,  WA        *