chaperonin assay rhodanese aggreg

aqil001 at ibm.net aqil001 at ibm.net
Wed Feb 8 09:25:24 EST 1995

If anyone has direct experience with assaying chaperonins by their inhibition
of rhodanese aggregation, would you mind reading and responding via mail
to my questions?
When I calculate how much protein needed for this assay based on the published
papers, I get that I need several mg of both rhodanese and my chaperonin.
(the assay requires measuring abs. at 320 nm of the rhodanese)
Can this be reduced? Are these large amounts needed because of the absorbance
constant of the rhodanese is low? What about reproducible mixing in such dense
protein solutions?
Anyone used flourescence instead?
Please send any tips, advice, protocols, etc.

Stuart Brown (sbrown2 at tufts.opal.edu)