Question on Biotin

Cornelius Krasel krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de
Wed Feb 8 13:54:36 EST 1995

rayj at cts.com wrote:
> I am hoping that someone can answer this question.
> How does Citrate effect the binding of Biotin to Strepavidin?  I am concerned because citrate can act
> as a chelator much like glycine.  Since glycine is used to elute biotin from strepavidin, will I see a similar
> effect using citrate?

I'm somewhat confused. At which pH is glycine used to elute biotine from
streptavidine?

AFAIK the binding between biotine and streptavidine is not metal-dependent
and hence not affected by chelators.

--Cornelius.

--
/* Cornelius Krasel, Abt. Lohse, Genzentrum, D-82152 Martinsried, Germany  */
/* email: krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de                 fax: +49 89 8578 3795  */