Feb Posting of Biotech Companies on the NET!

Martin D. Leach leach at bu.edu
Thu Feb 9 17:13:09 EST 1995

Hi netters,

here is my most up to date list....
most is taken from my web page...I am posting this for those with no
access to the WWW.
----------
Commercial Biotech Net sites

List of Commercial Net sites/Email addresses for Molecular Biologists

Web/ftp/gopher...other sites...alphabetically

AT&T 800 Directory
http://att.net/dir800

Selected 800-numbers

http://att.net/800/cat/b/BI0350.html
Biological products
http://att.net/800/cat/c/CH0425.html
Chemicals
http://att.net/800/cat/c/CH0450.html
Chemicals - Manufacturing
http://att.net/800/cat/p/PH0050.html
Pharmaceuticals</a>
http://att.net/800/cat/r/RA0425.html
Radioactive Materials
http://att.net/800/cat/r/RA0425.html
Radioactivity Instruments, supplies and Service
http://att.net/800/cat/s/SC1525.html
Scientific Apparatus & Instruments

ATCC
http://www.atcc.org/

Beckman Instruments
http://www.beckman.com/

Biotechniques on-line information
telnet biotechnet.com
.....at "Username" prompt type: BIOTECH....at "Password" prompt type: TECHNIQUE

Fisher Scientific
http://www.Fisher1.com/

GibcoBRL Life Technologies
http://www.lifetech.com/

Invitrogen
gopher://gopher.electriciti.com:70/11/invitrogen

Jackson Laboratories
http://www.jax.org/

Lamp Technology, Inc.
http://www.webscope.com/lamptech/info.html

Lehle Seeds
http://www.arabidopsis.com/

Millipore
http://www.millipore.com/

New England Bioloabs
http://www.neb.com/

Promega
ftp://ftp.promega.com/

Spectrocell Inc.
http://www.netaxs.com/~gerryms/spctrcll.html

E-mail addresses
5prime at Biotechnet.com - 5 Prime -> 3 Prime
ATBIOCHEM at Biotechnet.com - AT Biochem
Bio101 at Biotechnet.com - Bio101
Biotechnet at Biotechnet.com - BioTechNet
Advbtn at Biotechnet.com - BioTechniques
Bioventure at Biotechnet.com - BioVenture Publishing
techhelp at epicentre.com - Epicentre Technologies
DNASIS at Biotechnet.com - Hitachi
IEC at Biotechnet.com - IEC
IMED at Biotechnet.com - I-MED Document Retrieval
Markserve at Biotechnet.com - Marketing Services Management
MDRSYS at Biotechnet.com - MDR Systems
MBPI at Biotechnet.com - Molecular Bioproducts
MSI at Biotechnet.com - Micron Separations
NBI at Biotechnet.com - National Biosciences
nestgrp at world.std.com - The Nest Group.
Owlsci at Biotechnet.com - Owl Scientific
Pangeasys at Biotechnet.com - Pangea Systems
Photometrics at Biotechnet.com - Photometrics<
Prinsep at Biotechnet.com - Princeton Separations
QCB at Biotechnet.com - Quality Control Biochemicals
Resgen at Biotechnet.com - Research Genetics
Savant1 at Biotechnet.com - Savant Instruments
Somatogen at Biotechnet.com - Somatogen
Stereogene at Biotechnet.com - Stereogene
Summitbio at Biotechnet.com - Summit biotechnology
Takara at Biotechnet.com - Takara Biochemicals
techcomp at HK.Super.NET - Techcomp.
Tropix at Biotechnet.com - Tropix

oops nearly forgot the stuff included with the molbio FAQ

Ambion, Inc.
E-mail: techserv at ambion.com

Amersham Life Science - USB
Barbara Grossmann
Phone: (800) 321-9322 x142
Fax: (216) 360-0974
E-mail: dr277 at cleveland.freenet.edu

Amersham Corporation
Will Volny
Phone: 1 (800) 341-7543
Fax: 1 (708) 437-1640
E-mail: p00475 at psilink.com

Applied Biosystems
Morgan Conrad
Phone: (415) 570-6667
E-mail: mpc at apldbio.com
E-mail: info at apldbio.com for technical service
E-mail: biobytes at apldbio.com for computational information

Biometra Inc.
Tony Sanchez
Phone: (800) 932-7250
FAX: (813) 287-5163
e-mail: Biometra at biotechnet.com

Bio-Rad Laboratories
Connie Rickey
Phone: (510) 741-6781
E-mail: crickey at haley.genetics.bio-rad.com

CLONTECH Laboratories, Inc.                              !
4030 Fabian Way
Palo Alto
CA 94303-9605, U.S.A.
E-mail: tech at clontech.com

FMC BioProducts
Doug Robinson
Phone: (800) 521-0390
Fax: (800) 362-1133
E-mail: biotechserv at fmc.com

Genomed, Inc.
Rusty Soots
Phone: (800) 436-6548
Fax: (919) 870-9352
E-mail: glennsey at rock.concert.net

GenPharm
Tony Cruz
Phone: (415) 964-7024
Fax: (415) 964-3537
E-mail: tcruz at genpharm.com

GraphPad Software
Paige Searle & Dr. Harvey Motulsky
Phone:(800) 388-GPAD or 619-457-3909
Fax: 619-457-8141
E-mail: GraphPad at mcimail.com

Life Science Resources
Rusty Soots
Phone: (919) 481-4718
Fax: (919) 870-9352
E-mail: glennsey at rock.concert.net

Life Technologies, Inc. (GIBCO-BRL)
Joseph Crouse
Phone: (301) 840-4135
Fax: (301) 670-8599
E-mail: GIBCO BRL at aol.com

MJ Research
Michael Finney
Phone:  (800) 729-2165
Fax:  (617) 923-8080
Outside USA, call local distributor.
E-mail:  tech at mjr.com
E-mail:  sales at mjr.com

New England BioLabs Ltd. (NEB)
David Pritchard
Phone: (905) 672-3370
Fax: (905) 672-3414
E-mail: pritchard at ca.neb.com
Telephone orders: 1-800-632-5227 (1-800-NEB-LABS)
Technical assistance: 1-800-632-7799
FAX (orders and technical assistance): 1-508-921-1350
E-mail: info at neb.com
E-mail: info at ca.neb.com for inquiries within Canada
E-mail: info at uk.neb.com for inquiries within the UK

Promega Corporation
E-mail: biotec at pslc.psl.wisc.edu

Schleicher & Schuell (S+S)
Janet LaRoche
Phone: (603) 352-3810
Fax: (603) 357-3627
E-mail: kieron at sands.mv.com
Telephone orders & Technical assistance: 1-800-245-4024
FAX (orders and technical assistance): 1-603-357-7700

Statagene
Sam Marsh
Phone: (800) 424-5444 x4400
Fax: (619) 535-0034
E-mail: sam_marsh at stratagene.com
E-mail: tech_services at stratagene.com

Synapsys Corp.
Fax: (617) 272-6179
E-mail: synapsys at world.std.com

Keith Steward also maintains a list of biotech sites
http://sunflower.bio.indiana.edu:8080/commercial.html

To add your company to this list..mail me....

this list is a compilation of a number of sources...thanx to you all...and
can be reached at:

http://155.41.115.114/jumper/biolcomm.html
(for those with web access...)

Please let me know what does/not work and I will try and keep this updated
and post it monthly for people interested....

Alternatively...could this be incorporated into the faq????

Martin

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at bu.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
                                             head.....WIBBLE"
My homepage: http://155.41.115.114/Leach.html
Biotech company listing: http://155.41.115.114/jumper/biolcomm.html

p.s. try BioMOO  -virtual biology on the internet..
telnet bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il 8888