SantaCruz Antibody For Two Hybrid Assay (Again)

Shun'ichi Kuroda skuroda at inherit.biosig.kobe-u.ac.jp
Thu Feb 9 06:55:18 EST 1995

Dear Sirs:

I am an assistant professor of Kobe university.  Before the severve
earthquake on Jan 17, I posted same question to this NG.  But the
RESs for my question could not be arrived at our server, since the
server was broken by the earthquake.  So I repost the same question.

(Question)
I am now trying to identify the PKC-binding protein by two hybrid assay.
Prior to screening, to identify probe protein (GAL4 DNA-binding domain
fusion) in S.cerevisiae, I performed Western blotting analysis by using
an antibody against GAL4 DBD (SantaCruz sc-577) .
As previously posted (before earthquake), I obtained no specific band
and several non-specidfic bands (30kDa and 90kDa) under the 1st
antibody concentration of 1/1000.  After posting, the technical support
staff of SantaCruz kindly and immediately advised me to increase the
concentration of 1st antibody (1/100).  I repeated the Western blotting
according to the suggestion.  However, I could not get an improved
data.  Even in the wild type S.cerevisiae, the band of wt GAL4 was not
observed.
If anyone suceeded in identifying the probe protein by using the antibody,
please teach me the condition of Western blotting.  And, if anyone suceeded
by using other type of antibody, please teach me the name of antibody and
the condition.
Any comments will be appreciated.
Many Thanks.

(For the SnataCruz staff)
Therefore, I want to get advise from the staff again.  Since my server is
broken by the earthquake, the name and address of the SantaCruz staff
are unfortunately missed.  Please contact me.

--
SHUN'ICHI KURODA
BIOSIGNAL RES CENTER
E-mail: skuroda at inherit.biosig.kobe-u.ac.jp
URL:http://inherit.biosig.kobe-u.ac.jp/biosighome.html
Tel +81-78-803-1255   Fax +81-78-803-0994