getting rid of unincorpted ntdes?

Martin D. Leach leach at
Thu Feb 9 17:52:35 EST 1995

In article <3hc4nf$3bu at dns1.NMSU.Edu>, smori at (Shahram Mori) wrote:

> Dear Molbio-netters
> Can you please tell me if I pptate the oligo-labelled DNA with NaoAc
> and ethanol I can get rid of most of the unicorporated nucleotides?
> I would much rather use this than running it over a sephadex G column.
> Thanks a mil.

For primer extension protocols...I believe 3 precipitations are performed
to remove unincorporated nucleotides....I prefer running it over a column
vs. 3 pptns.

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
My homepage:
Biotech company listing:

p.s. try BioMOO  -virtual biology on the internet..
telnet 8888