Best price list for molbio supplies, reagents?

Pete Muriana MURIANAP at FOODSCI.PURDUE.EDU
Fri Feb 10 11:00:21 EST 1995

Considering the "sticker shock" on some routine expendible items, I wonder if
a "best price list" would be of interest to this newsgroup?

For instance, we were about to order 25mm/0.45 micron syringe filters through
a popular large distributor - the lowest price *after* our academic discount
of the brand we've purchased in the past was 100 for $117.00, but a recent
flier from a smaller distributor had a different brand but at $59.00/100 units
without academic pricing.

Obviously, the lowest price does not take into account quality or special
pricing arrangements with various institutions, and therefore, the list could
be used as a resource for comparison shopping and the decision to order a
lower price item at the expense of questionable/unknown quality is left to the
purchaser.

-PEter
*  Peter M. Muriana, Ph.D.             317-494-8284   TEL            *
*  Dept. of Food Science               317-494-7953   FAX            *
*  Purdue University                   murianap at foodsci.purdue.edu   *
*  Smith Hall                                                        *
*  W. Lafayette, IN  47907-1160                                      *