anti-HA antibodies

niman at vms.cis.pitt.edu niman at vms.cis.pitt.edu
Fri Feb 10 19:51:14 EST 1995

In article <3hb70h$djn at charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>, tchang at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Tien-Hsien Chang) writes:
><<CUTS>>>
>      We would appreciate that someone can provide useful suggestions an/or
> protocols regarding using anti-HA antibodies for this purpose in yeast.  I
> heard that anti-HA recognizes some related proteins in yeast cells.  Is there a
> way to get rid of these signals (we know of preadsorption by yeast powder may
> help)?  Pointers to references of using this approach in yeast are greatly
> appreciated.
>

>                               Tien-Hsien Chang
>                               Assistant Professor
>                               Department of Molecular Genetics
>                               The Ohio State University
>                               484 West 12th Ave.
>                               Columbus, OH 43210
>
>                               (614)-292-0631 (phone)
>                               (614)-292-4466 (fax)
>                               chang.108 at osu.edu

Tien-Hsien,  My reply indicated all of the references used flu monoclonals
described in the 1993 PNAS paper.  I meant 1983 PNAS paper.  I guess it just
feels like yesterday<g>.  Please let me know if any references are in error.
Also let me know if there wre any omissions (the list hasn't been updated for
almost a year and I would be happy to add more recent refernces).

Henry L. Niman, Ph.D.