alkaline phosphatase

borcher at uni-muenster.de borcher at uni-muenster.de
Fri Feb 10 13:44:22 EST 1995

hello netters of this large group,

some time ago I posted a question regarding the use of bacterial alkaline phosphatase to the immunology newsgroup.
However I got only little response. Here my question for this audience:

Has anyone experience with the use of bacterial (E.coli) alkaline phosphatase as a marker enzyme for immuoassays? Of
course  the activity of the bacterial AP is lower than that of the most often used calf intestine AP but there is also some mess
with units (e.g. different pH optimum). I know  few reports describing the use of bAP but I would be more confident if I hear
about  experiences from real life.

The background is to use recombinant bAP as a cheaper source for conjugation of antibodies. Commercial available calf
intestine AP (e.g. Pierce) is really expensive. Does someone has an expression vector available (There is one from IBI/Kodak,
but I just give it a try)

Any comments are wellcome

Torsten

Torsten Boerchers                                             Phone +49-251-980 2876
Institut fuer Chemo- & Biosensorik                      Fax     +49-251-980 2890
Mendelstr. 7                                                       E-Mail  borcher at uni-muenster.de
D-48149 Muenster
Germany