Non-radioactive sequencing

Klaus Salger salger at wap18.zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Feb 10 18:50:10 EST 1995

TORRES at EVALUN11.BITNET wrote:
<snip>
: I use a sharktooth comb to
: load the samples, but, no matter how thoroughly I rinse the precomb
: socket, the
: samples insist in going into the neighbour wells. The gel is 0.2 mm
: thick and
: the comb too, so I can't understand why. I've been told I need to put
: some
: vaseline in the sharktooth comb, but wouldn't it make a mess of the
: samples?
: Any help would be greatly appreciated.
<snip>

Adela,
I had the same problem in the beginning and fixed it by placing a clip
at the top end of poured gel. This keeps the plates together as tight
as possible while the gel polymerizes.

Hope this helps
  Klaus

--
Klaus Salger                phone : ++49 (0)89 5902 -502
Zoologisches Institut       FAX   :                 -450
AG MacWilliams              e-mail: salger at zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de
Luisenstr. 14
80333 Muenchen
Germany