How is Molecular Dynamics Fluor Imager?

Bernard Murray bernard at elsie.nci.nih.gov
Mon Feb 13 18:03:13 EST 1995

Hello.  I am sorry if this subject has been covered recently but we've
had trouble with our news server and I have missed a great deal of posts
to this group.

Anyway, we are considering purchasing a Molecular Dynamics Fluor Imager
and have a representative demonstrating a machine to us this week.
Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, of these devices?
Does it have any major flaws (except its bulk!).
Anybody want to ask the rep any questions while I have her at my
mercy (until this Friday)?
Our major interest is in the quantification of Western blots, ethidium/SYBR
stained gels and in ELISA plate fluorescent assays.  Are there any
competitive machines that will do the same job?

If you have commercial interests in selling such products you can email
me directly.  General comments can be posted or emailed.  If there's
any interest I can post a summary of our thoughts on the machine (but
I don't want to make it sound like advertising).

	All comments gratefully received,
			Bernard

Disclaimer:  Our lab has an MD Phosphorimager but no commercial interest in MD
		(except as a customer)

Personal disclaimer: Dog ate my keyboard

Bernard Murray, Ph.D.