Annealing of complementary s.s. DNA's

Stephen Amato amatos at hermes.bc.edu
Mon Feb 13 13:48:01 EST 1995

  I have recently ordered some complementary oligo's from BioServe
Biotechnologies.  These oligo's have 5' overhangs and I wish to label the
annealed products using Klenow and alpha radiolabelled deoxynucleotides.
I have been having some trouble labelling them and I want to make sure the
single stranded precursors are actually annealed.  Does anyone know of a
method or of a reference that I could look up that would contain a
protocol for actually following the annealing, maybe by absorbance at
260nm?  I suspect one of think my other reactants may not be O.K., but I
just want to make sure that my oligo's are indeed annealed.

amatos at hermes.bc.edu