Dig detection for Southerns.

Eric C. Anderson anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
Mon Feb 13 20:44:03 EST 1995

In article <97633803wnr at genesys.demon.co.uk>, Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
(Duncan Clark) wrote:
> I have just bought a DIG detection and labelling kit. Does one have
> to use Boehringer's own nylon membranes for Southerns or is the
> background acceptible with others ie HybondN+ or GeneScreen Plus
> both of which I have.

i love the Genius kit for use on Southerns.  i tried it on a nothern with
very poor results.  (but that's not the question here.)
i have used both of the above membranes as well as S&S Nylon1, and another
unknown type (it could have been one of the above or who knows what else)
obtained from another lab and they all give excellent results.  so my
advice is that you should just go with what you have in the lab, they all
work beautifully once you have any kinks worked out of the system.

eric

*science never gets boring...                    *
*it's not a job, it's a sandbox.                 *
*                       -unknown NIH immunologist*
*                        on NPR, 2/12/95         *
eric c. anderson
anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
washington univ. school of medicine              (314)862-2435 (home)
660 s. euclid box 8103                           (314)362-7058 (FAX)
st. louis, mo 63110