9-cis retinoic acid

Torsten Borchers borcher at asterix.uni-muenster.de
Tue Feb 14 17:51:23 EST 1995

We are working with a small binding protein for hydrophobic ligands.
To test the hypothesis that it binds 9-cis retinoic acid and as such
sequesters it from the RXR receptor, like speculated for cellular
retinoic acid binding protein and the RAR, we have to perform in vitro
binding studies.
Can anyone direct me to a supplier of radioactive 9-cis RA (its not
available from Amersham) or to any other source?

Thank you in advance

Torsten Boerchers                            Phone: +49-251-980 2876
Institute for Chemical and                     Fax: +49-251-980 2890
Biochemical Sensor Research (ICB)
Mendelstr. 7
D-48149 Muenster
Germany                              E-Mail: borcher at uni-muenster.de