Glycogen removal from RNA?

Shahram Mori smori at nmsu.edu
Wed Feb 15 00:13:06 EST 1995

Darryl Garrison (darryl at JWCI.ORG) wrote:
: We have ppt'd small amts of RNA with glycogen. Now the glycogen
: interferes with quantitation as it absorbs UV both at 260 and
: 280 nm. Any suggestions on how to remove the glycogen from my
: sample? 70% EtOH washes don't work. Thanks in advance.

: Darryl Garrison
: John Wayne Cancer Inst.
: darryl at jwci.org

It is something else other than glycogen. Just make a solution of glycogen
and spec it, without any DNA. I think there is other floaties in there/.
Cheers
--
Shahram Mori					   _/\_
Program in Molecular Biology			  _\  /_