373A AND QIAPREPS

Martin D. Leach leach at bu.edu
Wed Feb 15 10:57:21 EST 1995

In article <3ht6h5$pdk at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, <I.Ridgers at nhm.ac.uk> wrote:

> HI,
>
> COULD SOMEONE TELL ME IF IT IS NECESSARY TO RESUSPEND DNA IN WATER FOR THE
> PURPOSE OF T7 (SEQUENASE) AND CYCLE SEQUENCING AS SUGGESTED AFTER THE
> ALKALINE LYSIS/PEG PRECIPITATION, OR CAN SAMPLES BE RESUSPENDED IN TE
> WITHOUT CAUSING ANY ADVERSE EFFECTS TO THE SEQUENCING REACTIONS.

TE or water have worked well for me in the past

> THE PROBLEM IS THE ELUTED SAMPLE DID NOT FREEZE AT -20 C, SUGGESTING
> THERE'S POSSIBLE CONTAMINATION (PROBABLY ETHANOL) FROM THE FINAL WASH
> BUFFER.

hmm.. elute sample in water,,,try evaporating away the final eluted sample
(to get rid of alcohol)...dry it down then resuspend in water....
when making the denatured dna sequencing pellet...perform 2x 70% ethanol
washes to get rid of any extra salt..

> HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBS. WITH THIS SET-UP ? AND AM I GOING TO HAVE TO
> RESORT TO ISOPROPANOL PPT. INSTEAD OF USING THE QIAPREPS.

havent used this exact setup...just giving general tips

> IAN
>
> Ian Ridgers
> The Natural History Museum
> Cromwell Rd.
> London. SW7 5BD

Are you trying to sequence dinosaur DNA??..

Martin

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at bu.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
                                             head.....WIBBLE"
My homepage: http://155.41.115.114/Leach.html
Biotech company listing: http://155.41.115.114/jumper/biolcomm.html

p.s. try BioMOO  -virtual biology on the internet..
telnet bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il 8888