DNA Strider Question

John Dixon jpcd0 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 16 09:11:25 EST 1995

In article <seidel-150295152716 at bark-612-2.berkeley.edu>,
seidel at mendel.berkeley.edu (Chris Seidel) wrote:

> Does anyone out there use DNA Strider (Mac Program for manipulating
> and analyzing DNA/Protein sequences) and know if it is possible

> So my question is simply: Does anyone know how to do a single digest
> using DNA Strider? (Or how to select enzymes under the "digest" option?)

If you hold down the option button while selecting Digestion or Graphic
Map you are presented with a list of enzymes from which to choose.

Hope that helps.

P.S. BTW, does anyone know if it is possible to deselect enzymes when
generating a full restriction map, to avoid the huge stacks of four
cutters above the sequence and the enormous list of tiddly fragments in
the site analysis below?

John Dixon                     Lab 44 (223) 334131
Wellcome/CRC Institute         Fax 44 (223) 334134
Dept Genetics
Cambridge University
United Kingdom       e-m: jpcd0 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk