DNA Strider Question

John Dixon jpcd0 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 16 09:11:25 EST 1995

In article <seidel-150295152716 at bark-612-2.berkeley.edu>,
seidel at mendel.berkeley.edu (Chris Seidel) wrote:

> Does anyone out there use DNA Strider (Mac Program for manipulating
> and analyzing DNA/Protein sequences) and know if it is possible

> So my question is simply: Does anyone know how to do a single digest
> using DNA Strider? (Or how to select enzymes under the "digest" option?)

If you hold down the option button while selecting Digestion or Graphic
Map you are presented with a list of enzymes from which to choose.

Hope that helps.

P.S. BTW, does anyone know if it is possible to deselect enzymes when
generating a full restriction map, to avoid the huge stacks of four
cutters above the sequence and the enormous list of tiddly fragments in
the site analysis below?

--
John Dixon                     Lab 44 (223) 334131
Wellcome/CRC Institute         Fax 44 (223) 334134
United Kingdom       e-m: jpcd0 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk