Fluorescin reference

Graham Atherton grggta at picr.cr.man.ac.uk
Thu Feb 16 05:25:02 EST 1995

Does anyone know of a good reference which would help me a I try to
use fluorescin linked antibodies in combination with fluorescent
microscope to detect BrdU incorporated in DNA. I am constantly coming
up against problems such as "How stable is fluorescin once the
antibodies have been used to stain cell nuclei (Mouse myoblasts) of
fixed cells and mounted in citiflour (PBS and Glygerol)."" What
is the optimal wavelength setting to see fluorescence?". I have a series
of slides kept for 3 weeks which have either lost their fluorescence or
I am using the wrong wavelength to observe them!
A good book including these subjects would be a big help.

Please reply to grggta at picr.cr.man.ac.uk

Many Thanks
Graham Atherton