PBR322 Sequence?

Francis Ouellette francis at borduas.nlm.nih.gov
Fri Feb 17 00:39:20 EST 1995

o.   van-ham (ovanham at julian.uwo.ca) wrote:
> In article <Rosenwasserlab-150295152351 at 198.243.65.232>,
> Calvin and Hobbbes <Rosenwasserlab at njc.org> wrote:
> >Anyone have a sequence/restriction digest map for PBR322? I have tried a
> >blast search with NIH Library and have received only genes cloned into PBR
> >322. Or if it is published in a catalog that would be great too. I realize
> >that this vector is pre-historic, but I have a gene that I want to sequence
> >in it.
> >
> >Thanks for your help,
> >
> >Jon Stacks

> Check out the New England Biolabs book.  It has the pBR322 restriction
> digest map, but no sequence (sorry, can't help with that).

> Oded Van-Ham

If you use Network Entrez (From NCBI/GenBank) and type in
complete genome pbr322, you get two hits, and one of them is
the correct one.  See GenBank accession number J01749

Here is the top of the file:

LOCUS       SYNPBR322    4361 bp ds-DNA   circular  SYN       29-JUN-1994
DEFINITION  Cloning vector pBR322, complete genome.
ACCESSION   J01749 K00005 L08654 M10282 M10283 M10286 M10356 M10784 M10785
            M10786 M33694 V01119
KEYWORDS    ampicillin resistance; beta-lactamase; cloning vector;
            drug resistance protein; origin of replication; plasmid;
            tetracycline resistance.
SOURCE      Cloning vector plasmid pBR322 from E.coli; pBR322 DNA in pXf3 [4].
  ORGANISM  Cloning vector
            Artificial sequences; Cloning vehicles.

and below there is info on how to retrieve it (which ever way
you like best)

regards,

francis

--
| B.F. Francis Ouellette
|
| francis at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

GenBank

National Center for Biotechnology Information
Building 38A, Rm 8N-803
National Library of Medicine,
National Institutes of Health
Bethesda, MD, 20894, USA

telephone: (301) 496-2475
fax:       (301) 480-9241

sequence submissions:        gb-sub at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
sequence update:             update at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Authorin question:         authorin at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Entrez question:             entrez at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
BLAST help question:     blast-help at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Network entrez question:   net-info at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
WWW/Mosaic question:            www at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

any question:                info at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

send 'help' in body of message for info on
these servers:

blast Email server:           blast at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
retrieve Email server:     retrieve at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

send:

datalib dbest      {or dbsts}
help

in body of message to:      retrieve at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

for info on these servers:

EST full report server, or STS server respectively.

WWW URL:             http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

anonymous FTP:                  ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

login as: anonymous
password: your email address