TA Cloning Vectors

pzkok at FLINDERS.EDU.AU pzkok at FLINDERS.EDU.AU
Fri Feb 17 07:31:02 EST 1995

>Hi, an old question to this group.  What TA cloning vector have
>individuals used sucessfully for cloning PCR amplified cDNA fragments of
>approximately 600-800 bp.  I have heard that Invitrogen vector is good,
>but unstable.  Has anyone used the new Genehunter TA vector?
>
>Any suggestions will be appreciated.

We make our own TA cloning vector by using any cloning vector (preferably with
blue-white selection) with an EcoRV-site. Cleave it with EcoRV in Taq-buffer,
inactivate and incubate with only dTTP and Taq-polymerase 2hrs 72 degrees.
Purify with your favourite method and use for ligation. This works for us, we
get about 50% positives of the white colonies fron a blue-white plating.
This method was published in NAR 1992 or 1993 but I don't remember the exact
reference, sorry.

Good Luck
Klas