Salmon Sperm DNA OUTRAGEOUS!!

"Alexander Kraev" bckraev at aeolus.ethz.ch bckraev at wawona
Fri Feb 17 07:42:13 EST 1995

In article <3hc4sh$3bu at dns1.NMSU.Edu>, smori at nmsu.edu (Shahram Mori) writes:
>Dear Molbionetters,
>I am amazed how fast Salmon sperm DNA goes up in price. We buy ours from
>Sigma and we have to write a new grant proposal each time to get it. Do you
>know a cheaper sourse?
>Thanks a mil
>--
Try Fluka No 31160 low MW herring (sperm) DNA, it is still ridiculously cheap
and is just as good for the purpose. I have been using the same 50 gram bottle
for some years now. It needs to be titrated ( 5 ul 10 M NaOH per 50 mg ) to
be dissovled and makes a yellowish solution, but the blots are fine.
Hope this helps, while Fluka does not know.
Cheers,
Alexander Kraev, Ph.D.                 Internet: bckraev at aeolus.ethz.ch
Lab. of Biochemistry III               Phone: 0041-1-632-31-47
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology  FAX:   0041-1-632-12-13
Universitaetstr.16
CH-8092 Zurich
"Some ideas are obscure not because they are complex, but because they
 are excluded from our circle of comprehension" - Kozma Prutkov