Quality of human cDNA libraries

DREWES at MPASMB.DESY.DE DREWES at MPASMB.DESY.DE
Sun Feb 19 14:19:35 EST 1995

Subject: Human cDNA libraries
I am currently trying to clone a rare transcript from a human temporal cortex
cDNA library (lambda ZAP, Stratagene). The problem is that while I expect an
insert size of around 3000 bp, I can get only clones of relatively small size
around 400-900 bp. Now I suspect that this is probably due to the quality of
the library (i.e. the mRNA from which it was made). Now my question is if
anybody has made similar observations with (commercially available) human
libraries and if some better quality libraries are available (where?).

Gerard Drewes
Max-Planck-Society
Structural Molecular Biology
c/o DESY